What’s new in Events Planner v1.1

30 October

Events Planner Lite version 1.1 has just been released and is available for download from the Plugin Repository.  The most notable change has to do with the look and feel of your event specific pages.

Theme Template Files

[custom_frame_center]
Event Theme
[/custom_frame_center]
Since Events Planner uses Custom Post types for handling pretty much everything, the displaying of information on the front end is handled by your theme.  This makes it event more powerful as you will have complete control over how all your event related pages are displayed.  I have made some templates that you can download and use in your themes.

With the help of these themes you will be able to modify the look and feel of:

[custom_list style="list-1"]

• Your event list
  • Your individual event page
  • Your individual event location page
  • Your individual event organization page

To get started, please visit our Event Theme Template setup page.

[/custom_list]

Custom Template Tags

[custom_frame_center]
Event Template Tags
[/custom_frame_center]
In this version, we have added more template tags and made the system smart enough to use some of the template tags in multiple places.  To see a list of our template tags, please visit the Events Planner Template Tags page.  Currently, the custom template tags cover the following.

[custom_list style="list-1"]

• Event list
  • Event individual pages
  • Event Locations
  • Event Organizations

[/custom_list]

Some planned template tags will include:

[custom_list style="list-1"]

• Google Maps integration
  • Location specific event lists for specific event locations
  • Organization specific event lists for specific event organizations
  • and many more…

[/custom_list]

Please let us know what else you are interested in.   Community forums are coming soon.  In the meantime, please drop us a line from our contact page and we will get back to you fast.

As always, thanks for choosing Events Planner for your event registration needs.  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

[polldaddy poll=5652302]

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

8 Responses to “What’s new in Events Planner v1.1”

1. Chris 11/05/2011 at 9:02 pm #

Great PlugIn!

Can’t wait to get the Pro Version.

So far as I understand, plugin is just a demo currently.

That’s the reason, why I don’t see a “Register now” button, isn’t it?

• Abel 11/05/2011 at 9:11 pm #

Hi Chris.

Glad you like the plugin.

The registration process will be available this coming Monday in the free version.

Thanks, Abel

2. Monika T-S 11/07/2011 at 9:51 am #

Hi Currently I’m testing your free version.

First impression: great!

Second: English is not my motherspeech, is there a simple way to translate this plugin? Absolut necessary each calendar because we have no “am” or “pm”, we have ” 1:00, 2:00….. 13:00,14:00,15:00… .

And I hate paypal, I will not use a plugin which offers only paypal. They are too expensive and it is not sure that you will get your money.

• Abel 11/08/2011 at 2:19 am #

Hi Monika.

Glad you like the plugin!

The date formatting is tied into the WordPress Date Format. I will tie the time formatting with the WordPress time format also.

As far as i18n, the framework is in there but it will take me some time to get that going. Currently I am working on some core features. I am sorry but at this point I can’t give you a timeline.

As far as other gateways, I am including more in the PRO version. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

3. gabriel 11/10/2011 at 11:33 pm #

Hi,
    looking very promising.
    I need to ask a few questions:

- is this plugin WPML compatible, I need to offer the same events in multiple languages. I need to know if *.po / *mo files are supported.
    - can a list of events easily be displayed through a widget ?
    - can the events be displayed through a (translatable) calendar (ideally widget.
    - The form manager is impressive !

• Abel 11/11/2011 at 3:29 pm #

Hi Gabriel.

Thanks very much. I am concentrating most of my efforts towards getting the PRO version out sometime this month. Po/mo files will be supported and I will investigate WPML. There will be an event list widget, along with a pretty cool ajax calendar widget.

• gabriel 11/21/2011 at 8:08 am #

Hi Abel, Sounds good !
        Any ETA ?

• Abel 11/21/2011 at 4:57 pm #

Hi Gabriel.

I am pushing to have v1 on or before December 10. I do a LOT of testing to make sure the plugin is as robust out of the box as possible. That alone takes up a lot of time. Please check back the first week of December. I will try to get some blog posts going around that time and keep you guys posted.

Thanks, Abel